In all of Tokyo, I think there's no better place to take photos than Shinjuku.
North, south, east or west are all good photo opportunities.
A couple from today displaying the in-your-face advertising/decor of Tokyo's buildings.
Tuesday, 21 February 2012
A few from around Shinjuku.
A quick rundown of what we have from top to bottom:
- Down the road from New South Exit.
- The brown building on the left side is Hotel Sunroute; the first hotel that I stayed in when I got to Japan...and the best.
- Washington Hotel; the third hotel that I stayed in.
- Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building.
- Ongoing Construction close to the South East Exit (to the left of the photo).
Sunday, 12 February 2012
Thursday, 19 January 2012
The top picture you can see the L'Aqua and Tokyo Dome areas to the bottom right.
Also of interest is the large centreless ferris wheel and roller coaster that runs through it.
The bottom picture looks slightly towards Ueno in the distance.
Suidobashi (and Korakuen)itself is famously home to such places as the Kodokan(mecca of Judo) and the Tokyo Dome, home of the baseball team, Tokyo Giants.
It's a busy place during the day and is a business hub as well as having some large high schools and universities around the area.
At night, it's quiet.